2 hrs. 37 min | Project Files Included
Required Software: Photoshop CS5 and up.
Digital-Tutors : Getting Started with Digital Painting in Photoshop CS5
14 Days Free Access to USENET!
Free 300 GB with Full DSL-Broadband Speed!
In this collection of lessons we will learn how an artist can get started painting digitally inside of Photoshop.
We will begin by taking a quick tour around the user interface learning the location of important tools and panels. Next, we will learn how we can create and manage layers in Photoshop. From here we will dive into some of the most commonly used tools for digital painting, learning where they are and how they work. After spending some time learning how to select and store colors, we will jump right into setting up a composition with a sketch where we will discover the difference between resizing and resampling our artwork. Next we will take a glimpse into the painting process by first blocking in some color and then blending it together. Along the way, we will learn how to create custom brushes and patterns as well as how we can utilize these to paint textures. We will wrap things up by learning about layer masks and what we can be on the look out for to make our textures more believable.
15 videos in this course
1. Introduction and project overview
2. Creating a new file and user interface overview
3. Understanding Photoshop Layers
4. Overview of commonly used digital painting tools
5. Choosing and managing colors in Photoshop
6. Sketching in Photoshop
7. Creating a custom brush to paint background texture
8. Beginning to block in color
9. Continuing to block in color
10. Transitioning from blocking in color to blending colors
11. Creating custom brushes based on real world textures
12. Using layer styles to create texture
13. Creating custom patterns to use for texturing
14. Painting with custom patterns
15. Texture touch-up and final details